“…getting to feel free and easy…” Anyone else love that old Rodgers & Hammerstein movie The King and I?
Today, I’m participating in a fun “getting to know you” style blog hop with the ladies from the Baptist Missionary Women Blog. If you’ve ever wondered what women on the mission field are really like, you should definitely check out their blog. For this post, I’m supposed to write five fun and interesting things about myself.
This was kind of hard to do, actually! I had a hard time thinking of five things that were “fun” or “interesting” enough to share. But here goes!
1. I have lived in 8 states and at least 24 houses, that I can remember.
2. In the last year, my family has traveled around 22,000 miles.
3. I’m weirdly put together–my elbows are backwards, I have double arches in my feet, and I’m bow-legged!
4. My favorite missionary has always been George Mueller, and one of my most-read books as a kid was Little Men by Louisa May Alcott–however I never imagined I would one day be working alongside my husband in an orphanage ministry!
5. I would go into Dunkin’ Donuts over Starbucks for a regular cup of coffee, but I love Starbucks’ Frappucinos and their Blonde brews. I love Caribou Coffee but they are harder to find. My absolute favorite coffee though is by Burrow Custom Roast Coffee!
Be sure to hop over to Amy Meyer’s blog: Ita Vita African. I have been following her for quite awhile now, and I love the behind the scenes look at her life as a homeschooling mom and missionary wife in South Africa.